By visiting this Site, you represent and warrant that you have read, understand, have the legal capacity to, and hereby agree to be legally bound by these Terms. REGISTRANTS FOR MEMBERSHIP BETWEEN THE AGES OF 15 AND 18 MUST HAVE A PARENT ASSIST IN THE COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION.
1. YOUR MEMBERSHIP OBLIGATIONS. To obtain and use the Site, you will not need to register with Syrian American Forum. To become a voting member of SAF in order to help us implement our mission statement. By becoming a member, you will receive our newsletter, be informed about our actions and activities, called upon to participate in national and local calls to action, meet other Syrian Americans around the states sharing our mutual culture, heritage and objectives. Membership fee is non-refundable.
You can apply for membership by mail or online: + To send your application by mail:
Download this file, fill the application and mail along with your check to:
Syrian American Forum
P.O. Box 375
Hazlet, NJ 07730
2. YOUR DONATION. Contributions or gifts to the Syrian American Forum, Inc. are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes, and non-refundable.
You may donate in one of two ways
By Check: Make a check payable to Syrian American Forum and mail it to:
P. O. Box 375 Hazlet, NJ 07730
Online on our website: via PayPal or Credit Card
3. COPYRIGHTS. All content on the Site and/or on e-mails distributed to you from SyrianAmericanForum.org, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, and images, and the selection and arrangement of such content is the exclusive property of SyrianAmericanForum.org or its licensors and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
4. TRADEMARKS. The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on this Site and/or on e-mails sent to you are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of SyrianAmericanForum.org and of Syrian American Forum' licensors. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on this Site, except as provided in these Terms, is strictly prohibited.
5. COMMUNITY GUIDELINES. All the reviews posted here are individual, subjective opinions. The opinions expressed are those of SyrianAmericanForum.org members and not of Syrian American Forum. We do not endorse nor are we affiliated with any nonprofit listed or reviewed on this Site. Syrian American Forum reserves the right to remove a review for any reason.
6. USE OF SITE. You may use or download material displayed on this Site for noncommercial, personal use only. If you download material, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the materials. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms or with Syrian American Forum' prior written consent, you may not: (i) collect, use, copy or distribute any portion of the Site; (ii) resell, publicly perform or publicly display any portion of the Site; (iii) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of any portion of the Site; (iv) use any "deep-link," "page-scrape," "robot," "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology which perform similar functions to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site; (v) use the Site in a manner which results in the depletion of web site infrastructural resources; (vi) download (other than page caching) any portion of the Site or any information contained therein; or (vii) use the Site other than for their intended purposes. SyrianAmericanForum.org reserves the right to refuse service, membership and terminate membership if we believe that your conduct violates these Terms.
7. THIRD PARTY SITES AND CONTENT
We may host or provide links to web pages, web sites and other content of third parties ("Third Party Sites and Content"). The inclusion of any link or the hosting of any content is provided solely as a convenience to our users, including you, and does not imply affiliation, endorsement, approval, control or adoption by us of any web site or any information or content contained therein. We make no claims or representations regarding, and accept no responsibility for such Third Party Sites and Content, or for the quality, accuracy, nature, ownership or reliability thereof. Users, including you, may use these links and the Third Party Sites and Content contained therein at their own risk. When you leave the Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any web site to which you navigate from the Site.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SITE AND ANY SERVICE INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN WRITING. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICE INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY OR SECURITY OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN WRITING, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ANY SERVICE INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING: (I) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY; (II) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT WE KNEW, HAVE REASON TO KNOW, HAVE BEEN ADVISED, OR ARE OTHERWISE AWARE OF ANY SUCH PURPOSE); (III) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OR CONDITION OF TITLE; (IV) ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO UPTIME AND DATA ACCURACY; (V) ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CONTENT AND RELATED DELIVERIES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT; AND (VI) THAT THE SITE AND ANY SERVICE INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE RELIED ON NO WARRANTIES. THIS DISCLAIMER AND EXCLUSION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH ABOVE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL SYRIAN AMERICAN FORUM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND ANY SERVICE INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND ANY SERVICE INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE EXCEED THE AGGREGATE OF THE NET AMOUNTS RECEIVED BY US FROM YOU, IF ANY. MULTIPLE CLAIMS WILL NOT EXPAND THIS LIMITATION. THIS SECTION WILL BE GIVEN FULL EFFECT EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THESE TERMS IS DEEMED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. CERTAIN LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
10. INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE
You will indemnify, defend and hold us and our officers, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, partners, licensees, consultants, contractors, agents and employees (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all actual or threatened suits, actions, proceedings (at law or in equity), claims (groundless or otherwise), damages, payments, deficiencies, fines, judgments, settlements, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney and expert fees, costs, penalties, interest and disbursements) resulting from any claim (including third party claims), suit, action, or proceeding against an Indemnified Party, whether successful or not, resulting from or arising in connection with: (i) your use of the Site; (ii) your conduct; (iii) any breach by you of these Terms (including, but not limited to, any breach of any of your representations or warranties); and/or (iii) any Content you upload to, posted on, create on, transmit through or link from the Site.
Notwithstanding any terms to the contrary in these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice, without liability to you and in our sole discretion, to terminate any of your rights under these Terms (including, but not limited to, your right to use the Site) and to block or prevent your access to and use of the Site for any or no reason.
12. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Notwithstanding any terms to the contrary in these Terms, Syrian American Forum may choose to electronically deliver all communications with you, which may include: (i) email to your email address indicated in your communications with Syrian American Forum or upon registration for membership or donation with the Site; or (ii) posting messages that are displayed to you when you log in to or access the Site. Syrian American Forum' electronic communications to you may transmit or convey information about action taken on your request, portions of your request that may be incomplete or require additional explanation, any notices with respect to modifications to these Terms, any notices required under applicable law and any other notices. You agree to do business electronically with Syrian American Forum, and to receive electronically all current and future notices, disclosures, communications and information, and that the aforementioned provided electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. An electronic notice will be deemed to have been received the day of receipt as evidenced by such email.
13. NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that anything on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Member as set forth below.
Address to Which Notification Should be Sent:
Syrian American Forum
P.O. Box 375
Hazlet, NJ 07730
Telephone Number of Designated Member: (904) 525-3609
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
• A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to a user's email address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's address in our records.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable law, Syrian American Forum has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at the sole discretion of Syrian American Forum, member holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Syrian American Forum may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the membership of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
These Terms and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the State of New Jersey, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms will be filed only in the state and federal courts located in [The State of New Jersey]. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms. None of your rights or duties under these Terms may be transferred, assigned or delegated by you without our prior written consent, and any attempted transfer, assignment or delegation without such consent will be void and without effect. We may freely transfer, assign or delegate our rights and duties under these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective representatives, heirs, administrators, successors and permitted assigns. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced by any rule of law or public policy, all other provisions of these Terms will nonetheless remain in full force and effect so long as the economic or legal substance of the transactions contemplated by these Terms is not affected in any manner adverse to any party. Upon such determination that any provision is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced, the parties will negotiate in good faith to modify the Terms so as to effect the original intent of the parties as closely as possible in an acceptable manner to the end that the transactions contemplated hereby are fulfilled.
Thank you for reading these Terms and for using SyrianAmericanForum.org website!
Updated January 24, 2014